A BIT OF HISTORY.
On 10 December 1123 Ramon William, bishop of Barbastro-Roda, consecrates church of St. Climent, after finishing work on reconstruction of the building and completion of execution murals inside. This is the most distant date when we can find the name of this small but elegant church in the documents of the time has come to today. A day later, on 11 December, devoted the next parish of Santa Maria de Taüll, since both churches share a co-parroquialitat that could last until the eighteenth century.
In 1920 the famous architect Josep Puig discovered inside the church, hidden behind a wooden altarpiece of baroque origin, magnificent murals in the central apse, apse and north walls of the chancel and were transferred to the National Art Museum of Catalonia in Barcelona. In 1922 the church was restored in 1931 and was declared a historic-artistic monument. Until 1977 it was the subject of a new restoration, when other paintings were discovered in situ fragment as shown on the south wall near the foot of the building, and even later, 2001, other fragments have been found in the triumphal arches of the central apse.
In 2002 this group was proclaimed a World Heritage Site and for one year can be admired in the church of San Clemente Pantocrator original projection of the National Art Museum of Catalonia steeped in the central apse (Maping ) Church of Sant Climent.